Nutrition Association of Kenya (NAK) is a voluntary membership organization open to all Nutritionists and Dietitians in the Republic of Kenya.
It was founded and registered in 1988 .
“To be an authority and resource for promoting efficient and quality nutrition”.
“Inspiring quality nutrition and dietetics services through excellence in Training, Research, Empowering of members and Strategic leadership.”
As our Tagline suggests we pride our selves in Nourishing Kenya on a day to day basis based on our interventions.
Our Core Values
- Team Work
- Integrity and Ethics-
- Partnerships and Linkages
The Association has the following mandate:
- To provide further educational opportunities through scholarships,
- Workshops and in-service courses.
- To initiate and participate in nutrition programmes
- To disseminate knowledge related to Food and Nutrition by providing lectures demonstrations, conferences, classes and any other relevant means.
- To encourage and undertake research in all aspects of Nutrition.
- To publish and circulate regular nutrition newsletters/journals.
- To liaise with the Food and Nutrition Planning unit, other local bodies associated with Food and Nutrition activities and be a member of the Food and Nutrition interim ministerial coordinating committee.
- To be a member and laisse with international Nutrition and Dietetic association.
- The association will form branches and look after the professional welfare of the members.
NAK works closely with the Kenya Health Professionals Society. It has joined its sister organizations within the region to bench mark best practices.